Notice of Outcome for the Student Code of Conduct
At the completion of the administrative review, the University will notify the respondent of all sanctions imposed, if any. If the sanctions imposed on the respondent include a separation from the residence halls or the University, and, in the opinion of the hearing officer and/or reviewing body, the respondent poses a continued threat to the safety of the campus community, the sanctions may take effect immediately, and while an appeal is pending.
At the completion of the administrative review, the University will contemporaneously issue a written Notice of Outcome to the complainant and the respondent. In cases where the hearing process was implemented, the terms “Hearing Resolution notification” and “Notice of Outcome” are synonymous. The Notice of Outcome shall include the following:
- the factual findings of the investigation;
- policy violation determination and the rationale for the determination;
- all sanctions that result from an allegation of sexual violence or other crime of violence;
- the sanctions that directly relate to the complainant that arise from an allegation of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, non-violent sexual or gender-based harassment, and/or retaliation; and
- the parties’ appeal rights.
If no appeal is filed by either party within five (5) days of their receipt of the Notice of Outcome, the results will become final and the University will proceed with the imposition of the recommended sanction(s).
A person making a complaint of sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking may submit a victim impact statement at the conclusion of the investigation and before the case is forwarded to the Administrative Review officer or body. A respondent to such a complaint may submit a statement of mitigation or extenuation.
Framingham State University
RAM Student Handbook 2018-2019
All rights reserved